It's time for another Stampin' Llamas Blog Hop! Our theme for this hop is Springtime images and soon-to-be-retiring In Colors. I loved the Spring Fever Simply Scrappin' Kit as soon as I saw it in the Occasions Mini Catalog. I like the Scrappin' kits because they include textured paper, designer paper, and self-adhesive die cuts in coordinating designs and colors! This particular kit includes the 2011-2012 In Color pear pizzazz - along with melon mambo, daffodil delight, and basic gray. I added some very vanilla to complete my color palette.
Photos are very precious to me, perhaps because I don't have a very good memory and pictures help keep my memories alive! Coupled with my addiction to paper, scrapbooking is a natural outlet for me. I wanted to scrapbook the children from the day care center where I work. Most of them have graduated and the last three are scheduled to move on to preschool this summer, so a memory book was just what I needed.
This pic shows all the pages in my book. Believe it or not - I made these in just two days. The Scrappin' kits make page layouts so easy I can start and finish a whole book before life gets in the way!
Here are close-ups of two of the spreads. As you can see, the kit comes with everything you need to make a variety of beautiful pages.
The only things I added were some smooth card stock, a little bit of pear pizzazz seam binding ribbon and some dazzling details on the flowers. To make the flower stems, I twisted a length of seam binding and glued it down with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Supply List for all 20 pages:
- Spring Fever Simply Scrappin' Kit
- Stamp Sets: Mixed Bunch, Friendly Phrases, Short & Sweet, Perfect Words, On Your Birthday, Classic Alphabet (retired)
- Card Stock: Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Textured Very Vanilla
- Inks: Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo and Basic Gray Classic Ink Pads, Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo and Basic Gray Stampin' Write Markers
- Punches: Boho Blossoms, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, 1", 1-1/4", 1-3/8", 1-3/4" and 2-1/2" Circles, Scallop Circle, Decorative Label, Large Oval, Scallop Edge Border
- Accessories: Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon, Dazzling Details, Stamp-a-ma-jig, SNAIL, Mini Glue Dots, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals
- Wow - I sure used a lot of tools, didn't I? I just can't resist playing with my toys!
When I finished my scrapbook, I still had lots of supplies left to make another scrapbook or make some quick and easy cards, like this one. Don't you love the little peeps?
I hope you've enjoyed this stop on the hop. The next time you need to preserve some memories of your own, give our Simply Scrappin' kits a try. Your next leap will take you to Diane's blog at dianeoliver.blogspot.com. Enjoy - and have a colorful Spring!